I just had to capture Caelan's latest prayer over lunch:
"I appreciate that school is so fun to me. And mommy is my special friend and a bad guy. I was a bad guy too first. And she's a good queen. And now we're happy."
I'm not sure how I segued into being a bad guy after the glowing recommendation that we're special friends, but I sure had a hard time not bursting into laughter. I love listening to what he thinks and feels as he prays. It makes my heart sing.
Monday, January 05, 2009
A Child's Prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
glad you're back! we missed you...
I think I can definitely see the whole special friend/queen/bad guy thing. You are a woman of many talents. :) Love you, dear!
Melissa,
I don't know if you still read your comments or if they are emailed to you...but, Caelan gave our opening prayer in Sunbeam class on Sunday. It was so cute! He prayed that he would be able to clean up his room and fix it so it was better. He prayed for each brother and his family. He is very specific in his prayers and says very cute things. He is fun to have in class! Take care.
Post a Comment