To avoid boredom and max the joy out of this summer, I decided to schedule adventure Tuesdays and Thursdays. We'll be leaving at around 9 am (especially as the summer gets warmer, I want to take advantage of the cooler mornings) and getting back around 1 pm for naps. We've been to the zoo and Nelson's Grove Park in Provo so far.
At the end of the summer, I'm going to have compile a photo journal of the summer for the boys and have them tell stories about their adventures. I'll turn it into a photo book that they can keep. So there's the basic outline of what I'll be doing with the kids. Now for the ideas. I'm going to try and spread out adventures that cost money. If you have any suggestions of what might be fun, please let me know. Some of these might not fall on Tuesday or Thursdays, but I thought you might want the info.
EcoFestival Park City, June 19th, 11 am to 4 pm
Swaner Eco Center Nature Walks (these are Wednesdays, boots recommended but it's an easy hike)
Hogle Zoo
Vivian Park
Strawberry Days (Pleasant Grove, June 13-19)
Canyon Glen Park
Provo Canyon bike ride
Goblin Valley (it's a ride but can be done in one day)
Young Living Lavendar Farm in Mona (check out their Lavendar Days events)
Alpine Scenic Loop and hike
Peak's Ice Arena (or the one in Park City)--especially good on a really hot day
Seven Peaks' Water Park
Bowling
Park City's July 3rd Celebration (fireworks, live music, free to the public. starts at 7:30 pm)
Days of 47 at This is the Place (July 9, 2010)
Timpanogos Cave (they have free ranger tours of Cascade Springs that only take an hour)
cooking classes (having the kids having lots of gooey fun in the kitchen. homemade individual pizzas, cookies, etc.)
picture safari with disposable cameras (to find shapes in every day objects, etc.)
Aquarium
Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point
Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point
Monte L Bean Life Museum (they have summer nature classes for kids 5-12)
Wheeler Historic Farm
This is the Place Park
Salt Lake County Fair (August 11-14)
Stewart Falls Hike
Water display at the Gateway
Tour of Temple Square
Clarke Planetarium
Tracy Aviary
Wasatch County Fair
Salt Lake Farmer's Market (it would be fun to go to the market and then use the ingredients for a cooking class)
Provo City Library (FYI on Monday Nights they have artists perform in the ballroom)
Utah Olympic Oval (you can watch them practice sometimes for free or there are paid shows. The kids LOVE it)
The Flying Ace All-Stars Saturday Freestyle Shows
Children's Garden at Thanksgiving Point
Miniature golfing
Sugarhouse Park--wade in the river, feed the ducks, play on the playground)
Liberty Park
Bridal Veil Falls
BYU Museum of Art
BYU tour with lunch/ice cream at Cougareat
BYU Planetarium
Sundance Scenic Lift Rides (they do a full moon ride on the 25th and 26th of June that might be really cool to do as well)
America's Freedom Festival--Freedom Days (7-2 to 7-5 in Provo). I totally want to take the kids to the balloon festival part of it.
16th Annual Llama Fest (7-17 in Spanish Fork)
Spanish Fork Fiesta Days and Rodeo--7 21-24)
Utah County Fair August 18-21
Payson's Onion Days (September 3-6)
OK I'm sure this is not exhaustive list. Give me more ideas, tell me what you are interested in and let's PLAY! This summer is going to rock.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Adventure Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
What fun ideas!! All of it sounds great, but I'd especially love to do SugarHouse Park with you with a visit to Grandma before and I'm sure Lisa would want to join us. I'd also love to do the aquarium with you...we have season passes we never use enough. Any/All of the parks/adventures in the canyon between us would be great, too!! Rachel has swimming lessons the next two weeks, but then I should be more available!!
Melissa, you are AWESOME! I love all those ideas. Keep me posted, we'd love to come on the adventures.
Perfect! I'm not going to post when we do what on my blog as it's open but I'll make a spreadsheet (I know, so MBA of me) and email it out to those who have indicated interest. This Thursday I have already planned a pajama/duck party with a friend from my mission and her kids so we'll start next week. Hurray!
I love it. Looks a lot like my list, LOL, though I definitely missed a few! THANKS!!
Post a Comment