Sunday, September 21, 2008

Outings at the Park


So I am woefully behind on getting our pictures up, but we really have part-ayed this summer. Here's the proof in the parks. I'll sometimes walk (and sometimes drive) the boys over to Eric's school so we can play before Eric's ready to come home. The boys sure never object, although once I walked in the middle of the heat in July and even with a stop at Walgreens for some drinks, I about gave the boys heat stroke. I had to call for reinforcements and get Eric to pick us up 2/3 of the way there to save my little tykes.



They are getting to be really good buddies, and they're starting to look like fraternal twins. So far, Caelan's managing to keep up with Connor's growth spurts, but I think one day in the not too distant future, he's going to be eclipsed.

Will's favorite activity after a long hot ride in the sun.

This is me with the boys at the zoo. The looks I got were pretty funny. I guess you don't see a mom backpacking one baby and pushing two more in a stroller. Two moms, after seeing me walk around came up and told me I was there hero for coming by myself. I told them it was easy because my kids are just so dang good!


This park in Provo is one of our favorites. It has the advantage of being close to our cousins, and it's just so much fun. Water features, ducks, swings, LOTS of room to run around, play equipment. We love it. And this time, we actually got to go with Eric too. The boys do have sunscreen on, but they unfortunately have my tendency to get red all over as soon as they get the least bit warm.





I just love this picture of Connor. He was so tired but sure didn't want to get out of the swing. They are so fun at this age!

3 comments:

rach said...

so cute----you are so lucky to have 3 darling boys! You are my hero, I really just admire you so much.

Megan B ♥ said...

Lovely outdoor adventures! We need to get together again, sometime soon! Now, about that picture at the zoo. #1-- I totally love it and it made me laugh out loud! #2 -- Is that a double stroller? It doesn't look like it in the picture, but I'm trying to figure out how you possibly maneuvered through the entire zoo without a double? We've managed to do without a double stroller so far, but those days are OVER come spring!!!

Melissa O said...

Love reading your blog, Mel. It makes me smile and often laugh right out loud!