Friday, February 01, 2008

Caelan's book

So Caelan had a nightmare last night that left him awake and snuggling with me at around 9 pm. As Eric was still at work, I was working on my book that I'm writing with MelO. Anyway, Caelan was interested in what I was doing and so wanted to write his own book too. I took down the dictation. Caelan told me exactly what to write. Then he added the last little bit. I thought I'd "publish" it today.

Caelan writes Child of God. Name Caelan. Name Mommy. Name Eric. Name Jill. Name Daddy. People. Name Thomas. Thomas crash in a hole. Name hole. Name Caelan. Name Melissa. Name leche. Name Melissa. Wvboq35ooeee

I thought it was really cute, especially the part about leche. We're teaching him a few Spanish words here and there and if he asks for milk and he can't have some (he'd drink instead of eat any day) then he asks for leche...cracks me up. Gotta love kids.

And by the way, we had a circus of a time at the doctors' office today. Took Connor and Will in for checkups and shots. I made Eric come as backup, and boy did I need it. Our doctor up here is super with the kids and so Caelan got to play with all of his "tools." It was fun to watch. It's also fun to see how different each of my children is. Connor is very tall and VERY lean (although he literally outeats even Eric!) and Will is long and stout and Caelan is average height and stout. You can see just by looking at Eric and I where those genes come from. Sigh. Anyway, here's to hoping that if we have a girl in a few years (when we even THINK about actually trying for a baby), she'll have Eric's build and eyelashes and hair color and my personality. :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

I always need back up at the Dr. too! Sam has been spotted running naked up and down the hall of the office before. . .One of me and two of them just doesn't work out right.

Anonymous said...

What book are you and Mel O writing?

Melissa O said...

Ah Mel...I can see it now---the great American novel by Joseph Caelan Campbell. Has a nice ring to it, eh? :) No pressure, of course.