Caelan helped me clean the house the other day. We've been wanting to start teaching him the value of money, of saving, and of tithing so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to begin. I handed him all the change we had found and told him that I was paying him for helping me. I then explained as simply as I could that Jesus gives us all we have including our money, so when we get some money, we need to give some back to Jesus.
Caelan was all excited about this. I turned around to get a tithing envelope and Caelan started shouting, "JESUS, WHERE ARE YOU? I HAVE YOUR MONEY!" He tore through the house as fast as he could and then returned to me, puzzled, "He's not here."
I was laughing and I bet Jesus was too.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Jesus, Where are you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
so sweet....
i love the way they learn and how little minds are so literal and straight forward.
LOL, that's great!
Smile.
Post a Comment