Setting: In the kitchen eating lunch, Caelan munching happily on his food until suddenly:
"Wow." He pauses for a moment to fish something out of his mouth. He stares in shock at something for a minute...mouth wide open. He's looking at a green onion, now long and stringy. "I'm eating grass!"
I started to laugh.
"It's not funny, it's GROSS!"
(This next one has NO reflection on Eric's physique; I'm guessing that Caelan mixed up mommy and daddy, which does say quite a bit about my physique but it sure helps my self-esteem that he made the mix-up. Caelan gets the two names mixed up regularly, always saying first whichever name he said previously...and I might also reluctantly admit that I still look a wee bit pregnant.)
Setting: In the family room playing cars with the boys. Mater had gotten in a crash (let me know if you need a refresher on who Mater is. He's a regular fixture in our conversations here at the house). Caelan asked me to doctor him up. I put him down Caelan's shirt which tickled him. The car came to a rest near Caelan's navel and hung out there, looking all nice and pouchy.
"Oh look, now I look like Daddy."
Setting: Connor was playing with the finger paints...not painting, just rearranging the bottles. I was fine with that. Still am. Minimum mess with maximum joy--all for that. Caelan, however, was bothered. He runs over and tells Connor to put them down.
Melissa: "Caelan, you don't need to tell Connor what to do. Please leave him alone; I'm watching him and will take care of him."
Caelan continued to heckle his brother.
In a bit of frustration, I say, "Caelan, I AM THE MOMMY!"
Caelan shoots right back, "I AM THE CAELAN!"
Monday, June 16, 2008
More verbal fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Giggle, giggle.
Was just thinking...Remember this? "I am the Queen of the World!"
Post a Comment