Friday, October 13, 2006

Pumpkin' Picking

Not only did we get quite a bit done on the yard, but we were able to head down to Santaquin (about an hour away) and go to a farm that had hayrides, apple trees, and an enormous pumpkin patch. It was a blast.



I think Caelan had as much fun on the hayride with all the other kids (we were lucky enough to be in the same wagon as a birthday party of about 20 5-year old kids) as he did in the actual pumpkin patch.


With two small kids, we were a bit at a loss for how to carry them and the pumpkins, but luckily we had our kiddy backpack and Baby Bjorn, so we were set. Caelan thought the pumpkins were cool!


He had to get out and walk around, although he was a bit tentative after his fall this morning in the gravel.


I love that he goes for one of the biggest pumpkins and tries to pick it up. He was talking to the pumpkins...I wonder what he was saying?


Here's a picture of mom and the kids. This seems to be my normal routine--minus the pumpkins of course. I'm going to have a pretty nice bicep on my left side.

Before we left, Eric introduced Caelan to the concept of beards.


Caelan kept giving Connor kisses, and I kept barely missing it. Drat. Here's the almost-shot.